Atlantic Street Center is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to a culturally and ethnically diverse workplace. Women, persons of color, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply for all open positions. Join a vibrant team that has served low-income people of color in Seattle for over 100 years. The non-profit Atlantic Street Center offers excellent annual benefits for full-time employees including 16 days of vacation, 12 paid sick days, 10 paid holidays and monthly premiums for employee medical, prescription, vision and dental coverage paid 100% by the Atlantic Street Center. After one year of successful employment we provide additional paid benefits: a traditional pension plan, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability insurance.
The Behavioral Health Clinical Supervisor/Therapist provides clinical and day-to-day administrative supervision to 12 Mental Health Therapists, assigning and directing caseload and work, training and appraising performance.
Program Supervision, Training, and Accountability
- As part of the clinical care team, conduct and organize staff and intern trainings and in-services in accordance with WAC requirements and agency expectations.
- Actively participate with hiring and orientation process of new staff members.
- Participate in professional development networks and associations to stay abreast of emerging trends and best practices.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in one of the Mental Health/Social Services sciences
- Must be registered or eligible for registry with Washington State Department of Health
- Meet Washington State criteria for Clinical Supervision; Licensed Therapist in the State of Washington and meets criteria as a Child Mental Health Specialist
- 8 years of experience providing counseling services to ethnically-diverse children, youth and families who are experiencing poverty are strongly preferred
- At least one year of supervisory/management experience in human services; clinical experience in crisis assessment and treatment with multi-system families. Proven ability to deliver effective counseling services
- Strong knowledge of regulations effecting the delivery of mental health services, including WAC, RCWs, King County policies and procedures and applicable ethical codes
- Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software a must. Experience with (ETO) and similar Electronic Records Management system software/databases preferred
- Proven ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural/multi-ethnic environment
- Knowledge of community resources in the greater Seattle Metropolitan area
- Must be able to access clients at all locations served by ASC and places frequented by clients.
- Position requires driving your own vehicle whenever necessary to meet program needs. Valid WA state driver license and car insurance is required per state law.
- Position requires working a schedule which includes some evenings.
How to apply
Qualified individuals should email a resume, salary requirements, professional references and a cover letter clearly stating how you meet or exceed the required qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, indicate in your email subject line, “Clinical Supervisor”.
Call or email us for more information. (206) 454-3907