Join a vibrant, multi-ethnic team that has served low-income people of color in Seattle for over 100 years. Atlantic Street Center offers competitive pay and excellent annual benefits for full-time employees.
Behavioral Health Therapists at Atlantic Street Center deliver comprehensive therapeutic services, with emphasis on prevention, to assigned participants through a community based approach that creates positive linkages between children, youth and their families, their community and schools to improve the overall level of functioning and resiliency of the participants. Therapists develop and implement collaborative, comprehensive treatment plans using Evidence Based Practices with clearly identified goals.
- Master’s Degree in one of the Mental Health or Social Services sciences.
- Must be registered or eligible to be registered with Washington State Department of Health as an LMHCA, LSWAIC or LMFTA.
- A minimum of one year's experience providing counseling services to low-income ethnically-diverse communities
- Experience working in community-based mental health programs
- Strong skills and knowledge base of clinical care standards.
- Proven ability to deliver effective counseling services.
- Strong diagnostic skills and knowledge of DSM 5.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Evidence-Based Practices in a therapeutic setting.
- Strong knowledge of regulations effecting the delivery of mental health services, including WAC, RCWs, King County policies and procedures and applicable ethical codes.
- Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software a must.
- Experience working with ETO or similar Electronic Records Management system software and databases preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources in the greater King County area.
- Proven track record of providing services with the utmost of integrity and professionalism and assuming personal responsibility for one’s actions.
- Must be able to access clients at all locations served by Atlantic Street Center and places frequented by clients.
- Position requires driving your own vehicle on a daily basis to meet program needs.
- Valid WA state driver license and car insurance is required per state law.
Call or email us for more information. (206) 454-3907