Golden West Counseling
EXTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY IN PRIVATE PRACTICE - LMHCA
Golden West Counseling (GWC), PLLC is a private practice group in the heart of Downtown Seattle. At GWC we serve a variety of adults and couples with varying mental health concerns.
Our office is seeking to bring on a Part-Time / Full-Time Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate (LMHCA), who is currently licensed in counseling.
GWC is looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, and compassionate individual who has a strong desire to learn and implement skills for a successful private practice business.
This opportunity is for a counselor who is seeking a solo practice experience in a supportive group setting. This position is designed for the counselor to gain knowledge and experience in both the clinical and business side of private practice (i.e.: obtaining various licenses, website content, note taking system, billing insurance, insurance credentialing, etc.). Once fully licensed, the counselor will be prepared to open their own private practice office with a caseload of cash paying and insurance clients.
• Billing under GWC's insurance credentials to help build your practice and gain clinical hours
• All clients attained remain your clients once fully licensed
• Business coaching
• Clinical Supervision
• In house referrals
• MA or MS degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
• Licensed as an Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate
• Experience working with Adults. Experience with couples strongly preferred, but not required
• Strong multicultural foundation and application
• Strong Mindfulness foundation and application
• Minimum of 1 ½ years UNTIL fully licensed as an LMHC
• Independently create and maintain your business schedule, documents, etc.
• Autonomous/Independent – enjoys working with little direction and enjoys research
• Adaptable/flexible – enjoys doing work that may requires shifts in direction
• Must be willing to see both insurance and cash paying clients
• Create and maintain all paperwork and client files
• Develop individualized treatment plans and monitor implementation of treatment goals
• Must be motivated with a desire to learn and apply skills
• Detail oriented and is comfortable being a self-starter
GWC is aware of the financial struggles with starting a private practice. The counselor will be responsible to pay all fees associated with starting a solo practice (ie: rent, supervision, business license, etc.). Because of this, GWC will provide reduced fees to assist in costs.
• 1099 Contractor
Contact Veronica Anderson
Call or email us for more information. (206) 257-3810