- Two years of janitorial/maintenance experience, preferred.
- Ability to organize workload and complete duties with minimum direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people from various backgrounds.
- Ability to handle a wide range of unpleasant and/or bizarre behavior from clients.
- Commitment to the philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs and of consideration and respect for clients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand and/or walk constantly, sit, climb ladders & stairs, bend/stoop, squat/crouch, kneel and reach above shoulders frequently; and may need to crawl occasionally. The employee will also be required to communicate with other employees, operate computer hardware systems, work at ground level as well as on scaffolding, ladders and heights of 50 feet or more including roofs and patios. Frequent lifting, pushing/pulling and carrying items weighing up to 75 pounds including heavy materials, ladders, tools and other equipment to and around work sites may be required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Also required is the ability to tolerate strong odors and ability to wear appropriate protective equipment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.