- You will create an account and listing on our site like normal. (See “How do I create a listing on Counseling Washington”).
- You will be asked for your credit card information. However, no charges will occur for 3 months from the date you create the counselor profile. There is NO CODE to enter, we simply do not charge you until the three-month trial period has ended.
- If you do not want to continue your listing beyond the three-month trial, simply log back in to your account, using the user name and password you created, prior to the end of the third month – In your account, toward the top of the screen your active listings are shown under the headline “Current Listing(s)”.
- To the right of your current listing is a button labeled “Cancel”.
- Click the Cancel button and the listing will be stopped. You will see that your account page updates to now display the listing under the headline of "Expired/Cancelled Listing(s)”.
- You are free to log out.
Please note: If you do not cancel your listing prior to the end of the third month, Counseling Washington will begin billing your credit card at the rate of $14.00 per month. The steps for cancellation apply before and after the trial period has ended.
- First you will create a new account on the site. Complete the information fields requested and click on the “Create Account” button.
- You will now be directed to your new account main screen.
- At the bottom of the screen are the different types of listings you can create on Counseling Washington under the headline of “Create New Listing(s)”.
- Choose the type of listing you wish to create – Counselor Profile, Therapy Group, Workshop/Training, Supervisor, Office Space, Job Available.
- Once you click on the “Create Listing” button for the listing type you wish to create, you will be taken to the information pages you need to complete for your new listing.
- Complete the information requested using the “Save/Next” button found at the bottom of every page.
- The last screen is where you will input your credit card payment information.
- Once complete click the “I’m Done/Exit” button. You will see a receipt for your transactions and then you will be directed back to your main account screen.
- If you need to edit or change any of the information, you will now see the listing you just created shown on your main account screen under the headline “Current Listing(s). To the right there are three buttons – “View” which allows you to preview your listing, “Edit” which will reopen the information pages and allow you to change any information you want, and “Cancel” should you wish to cancel your listing.
- That’s it – all done and welcome to Counseling Washington!
If you need any help using the site or creating a new listing, please feel free to call us at 425.598.2128.
Becoming a member of Counseling Washington’s Network has many benefits. Each of our 6 listing types (Counselor Profile, WA State Approved Supervisor, Therapy Groups, Office Space Available, Workshops/Training, and Job Listings) displays specific information about your services and offerings and provides an easy way for potential clients to reach you.
Counseling Washington consistently has over 3,800 unique visitors per month viewing over 10,000 pages on the site. We are established, have strong search engine results and have been providing referral services since 1999.
All listings feature:
- 24/7 Access to the site and your account.
- The ability to add a photo or image(s).
- Referrals – all listings provide a confidential email form for potential clients to reach out to you.
- The ability to link to your website for additional information.
- Share with a Friend link – all listings offer the ability for anyone looking at your listing to share that listing with a friend.
- Strong representation in search engine results. We are constantly improving our Search Engine Optimization (SEO)and listings on our site consistently display in the top search engine results for Washington State.
- Monthly activity reporting. You will automatically receive a monthly report showing you how many times your profile has been viewed, how many times someone clicked on your website link, and how many emails you were sent from Counseling Washington. Our investment in SEO is ongoing and will never cease.
Counselor Profiles also offer:
- The ability to indicate if you can provide counseling in a foreign language.
- You can include two practice addresses.
- The ability to indicate if you are a Crime Victim Compensation Provider in Washington State.
- Cross linking between your Counselor Profile and Therapy Group Listing, if you have a therapy group listing on the site.
There are six listing types available on Counseling Washington as follows:
- Counselor Profile
Counselor profiles provide a complete overview of your private practice and highlight your specialties. Potential Clients have the ability to better understand your practice and get to know you in greater detail by reading about your counseling philosophy, perusing the issues you can help them with, reviewing your treatment approaches, qualifying insurance information and more.
- Therapy Group Listing
If you are offering a therapy group for clientele who are looking for a peer group environment discussing similar issues you can list the group on Counseling Washington with a link to your website for more information or a link directly to your group enrollment page.
- Approved Supervisor, Washington State
Licensed Associates are looking for Washington State Approved Supervisors to meet their full license requirements. List your practice, describe your specialty and supervision style and let Licensed Associates know you are available to serve as their Approved Supervisor.
- Counseling Job Openings
Let the counseling community know you are looking for new employees. Link your job opening to your online application page, and provide other pertinent job information to them with our Job Listings.
- Counseling Workshops/Training
Let the counseling community know about your upcoming training or workshops for counselors. Your workshop/training listing gives you the ability to describe the training, highlight the presenter, indicate CEU’s available, show pricing and can link to your online enrollment form.
- Office Space Available for Counselors
If you have office space available that is appropriate for private practice counselors, let them know on our site. Office Shares are also welcome. Counselors are looking for office space that is appropriate for their private counseling practice. Some want space full-time, others may want a secondary location part-time. Either way, let them know what you have available with information regarding pricing, size, location and how to reach you.
Our monthly fees are shown below.
- Counselor Profile - $14.00/monthly (auto-renewing until cancelled)
(Includes a free language and/or Crime Victim Compensation Provider mini-profile, where applicable.)
- Therapy Groups - $13.50/monthly (auto-renewing until cancelled)
- Washington State Approved Supervisor - $16.00/monthly (auto-renewing until cancelled)
- Counseling Job Openings - $15.00/monthly (auto-renewing until cancelled)
- Counseling Workshops/Training - $17.00/monthly (auto-renewing until cancelled)
- Office Space Available - $13.50/monthly (auto-renewing until cancelled)
If you do not see a page on our website for your zip code it means you will be the first person to display for any searches done for that zip code. This is a very desirable position. Our database will automatically create a new page for your profile under your zip code and your information will display to anyone doing a search in your area. Being the first on a page is great for your practice so don't be shy - once you've completed your profile information you will be seen automatically!
Cancellations are made through our online system. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to log into their account and cancel their listing. Trying to cancel your advertisement using email or telephone calls may not stop further payments or remove the listing from our website automatically as we CANNOT guarantee the email or voicemail was received. Once a listing is cancelled by you it is removed from the site automatically and no further billings will occur.
Counseling Washington reserves the right to cancel any listing for any of the following reasons:
- Listing includes inaccurate information
- License out of date or expired (applies to listings requesting counselor license information only)
- Non-payment, credit card declined or expired
How to Cancel Your Listing:
- Log in to your account using your user email and password.
- At the top of your account screen you will see any active listings you have on Counseling Washington shown under the headline “Current Listing(s)”.
- There are three buttons to the right of your current listing details saying “View”, “Edit”, “Cancel”. Select the “Cancel” button.
- The listing will move below the headline on your main account screen that says “Expired/Cancelled Listing(s)”. You are all good now.
Note: When a listing has moved to Expired/Cancelled, you can come back at any time and reactive the listing by clicking on the “Reactivate” button located to the right of the expired/cancelled listing.